It is time for the SECOND digital yearbook uploading. Much like the first one, this is a great opportunity to peruse the pages and relive all of your favorite camp memories. Please keep checking back as we will be uploading a new digital yearbook each week! Tell your friends! We want to get as many people as possible connected back with camp!
Flashback to the year:
- Micronesia gains independence from the US. Life just seems different without Micronesia
- Space Shuttle Challenger explodes soon after take-off. The world unites to mourn the loss of true heroes, including Christa McAuliffe, the first teacher in space
- IBM unveils the first laptop computer. It is big, and ugly, but you felt cool if you have one!
- Nicotine patch is invented. 32% of Americans smoked in the 1980s versus 24% now. Maybe the patch helped!
- The Crocodile Dundee is released , leading to an explosion of bad Aussie accents talking about putting “shrimp on the barbie”
- Cheers, Fame, Family Ties and The Cosby Shows are popular on TV. Remember when we all watched Network Television?
- The Houston Astros play an epic 6-game series against the New York Mets for the National League pennant, culminating in a 16 inning classic that STILL makes Steve Sir sad. The Mets would then beat the Boston Red Sox after a routine ground ball rolls between Bill Buckner’s legs.